Full access to The New York Times is now available to Stevenson teachers.
Simply create an "Academic Pass" account with your school email address, and you will be able to access your subscription via nytimes.com and the nytimes mobile apps, both at school and at home. (No more paywalls!)
To learn how to get your Academic Pass, watch this video or read the instructions below.
To access your Academic Pass to NYTimes.com, follow these steps:
1. Go to nytimes.com/passes
2. Create a free NYTimes.com account using your school email (d125.org) address.
3. You have successfully claimed a Pass when you see the Start Your Access screen
4. Now you can enjoy seamless access to NYTimes.com, INYT.com and NYT mobile apps just by logging into your NYTimes.com account from any location, on or off campus.
5. Download NYTimes. mobile apps at nytimes.com/mobile
Already have a registered NYTimes.com account using your school email?
- Visit nytimes.com/passes
- Log into your NYTimes.com account. Your existing account will merge with your new Academic Pass. (If you currently pay for your individual subscription, you'll probably want to cancel it!)
- You have successfully claimed a Pass when you see the Start Your Access screen.
Hint: Remain logged into your NYTimes.com account on your iPad to have seamless access to NYTimes.com and mobile apps for the duration of your Pass. Visit nytimes.com/passes to view your Pass eligibility and expiration timestamp at any time.
IN-SCHOOL and STUDENT ACCESS
Unlimited access to nytimes.com is available to everyone while IN-SCHOOL, without login or registration. Simply go to nytimes.com through any web browser, on any device, and read. This subscription model is meant for students to easily access the NYT in your classroom.
This subscription model does not allow access through the app or from outside of school, so teachers should use the Academic Pass model for full access, anywhere. ______________________________________________________________________
Some Options and Limitations:
Read magazines in your browser or download them to your iPad to read anytime, anywhere.
On a laptop or desktop: access the digital magazine collection from Flipster on the ILC webpage.
On an iPad or mobile device:
Download the Flipster app from your app store.
Choose your library: Adlai E Stevenson High School.
If you are off campus, you may be asked to log in. (click here to find the login information)
Current issues of the magazines are displayed. Press to view past issues.
Select to download an issue onto your mobile device. This allows access when not connected to the internet.
Many magazines do not have an expiration date. Some may expire after one week. If a magazine does not expire, you may keep it forever; however, saving issues takes up space on your device.
Use to remove magazines from your device.
Looking for supplemental readings for your units? Want your students to find evidence to support their arguments? Do your students need help evaluating the information they read?
Your librarians can help!
Please feel free to contact Toni Gorman or Jami Lopez with questions or for help getting started. Happy Reading! tgorman@d125 / firstname.lastname@example.org